Monday, June 6, 2011

Farm Chicks!!

This weekend I celebrated my 39th birthday and what better way to spend it than doing something I love with people that I love. Does it get better than that?

Mom and Me

My mom came by and picked me up bright and early for a wonderful day of fun...starting here:


My mom and I have been attending Farm Chicks together since the show first began and we've also had the pleasure of being vendors at this show. This year we were customers which was also a lot of fun. It really is amazing to be surrounded by so many liked-minded people. It is like an annual convention for people who love the same things that I do...and GET IT!! I love the energy!! There are so many wonderful individuals in this industry. Fun, enthusiastic, and creative people. It was delightful to see many that I know and love...and to also meet new people who share our same interests and passions...and to meet the people behind the blogs I enjoy.

Here are some of my favorite people and booths:

Funky Junk Hollie...and her lovely mom Gail...and the amazing Ballyhoo Girl Chrissy!!

Funky Junk Jennifer...with my Mom...who purchased that luscious lime green prom dress from Jennifer...many people commented with envy on that awesome find as we strolled around. :)

Jennifer's booth was AMAZING!! I absolutely loved the look of it. View from the side. So cool!!

Here's what I wish I could have purchased...

How amazing is THAT? Who wouldn't love that one-of-a-kind outdoor couch? Seriously awesome.

Mom and the elegant and stylish Gladys of Junebug Furniture and Design. Their booth was incredibly beautiful. My mom and I both purchased those gorgeous tea towels. Mine looks fabulous in my kitchen. I think I am going to need to purchase a couple more!!

Loved chatting with Fielding from Two Women Art and Antiques!!

The talented women of Unexpected Necessities!! How cute are they??

The talented Erin of Ladybird Creations and her sweet daughter. Erin is making us some fabulous things to wear at the Mad Hatter Sale this fall. I cannot wait to see what she designs for us!!

One of my favorite creative people, Kristen Dobson, of Sophia's. We have been enjoying her jewelry and creations around my house...nearly every day either myself, or one or more, of my daughters is wearing her beautiful initial jewelry and of course my lovely "girl" (the awesome bust I purchased from her several months ago) graces our piano...it remains my favorite find EVER!! Why oh why didn't I purchase the matching boy?! It just goes to show that if you see it...BUY IT...because the purchase that got away will haunt you.

Kristen is moving to Raleigh, NC in a few weeks and will be very missed!! Of course if my husband ever gets his way we might join her there some day. Tyler lived in North Carolina for two years and LOVED IT!! Raleigh is one of his very favorite cities. Our loss is North Carolina's gain. Best wishes on your new adventure!!

The booth that set my imagination on fire!!

It was filled with retro lighting and the most amazing lamps I have ever seen. Gorgeous. As I snapped a picture another lady next to me was snapping one too and said to me "Doesn't it just give you chills?" Yes it does kindred-spirit-retro-lamp-loving-lady!! See what I mean about being surrounded by people who GET IT??!!


Talk about kindred spirits!! The above and beyond amazing Heather Bullard and Ki Nassauer of Flea Market Style Magazine...my favorite magazine ever...were there signing copies. They couldn't have been more gracious. Hugs for us...and so warm and welcoming. Sorry for the picture with your eyes close Mom...but it's Heather Bullard!! Woohoo.

After our absolutely lovely day we joined my family for sushi to celebrate my birthday...

Does a birthday get better than that?

So far 39 is looking mighty fine!!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, can finally post again!! Love your sweet sweet post...and Happy Belated Birthday to you!!
    Hope you got some cupcakes to share=)
    Love
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness! FINALLY can post comments again! We tried to post SEVERAL times and no luck, so far its all good.
    It was great seeing you and your mom at FC. Thanks for posting such a sweet pic of us, your mom is the best, love her! I'm happy you had a great birthday...your a beautiful women and so blessed!

    xo Glad & Celia

    ReplyDelete