Monday, November 14, 2011

Sweet Frostings Bake Shop

Oh what a joyous weekend!! Not only did my daughter, Reilly turn 15 and my son, Kameron, turn 11 but Sweet Frostings Bake Shop opened in Downtown Spokane!! Woohoo. Believe me, my husband, Tyler, and I were there Saturday morning bright and early and ready to purchase our favorite treats. My sweet friend, Judy, and her business partner, Sally, are the wonderful owners of Sweet Frostings...Spokane's most fabulous and chic bake shop. I have been waiting and waiting for this day to arrive and it did not disappoint!!

There's Judy hard at work. Sally was a busy bee in the kitchen and kept bring out the most amazing things.

Not only are the baked goods beyond delicious but the decor is jaw-droppingly fantastic!! It is the most darling bake shop in existence. It was designed by the fabulous Gladys and Celia of Junebug Furniture & Design. Love you ladies!! Wow. It was a feast for the eyes. I knew it would be fabulous but it was even better than I imagined.

Check it out:

Let me tell you what we purchased:

Salted Caramel Cupcakes (our family's favorite)
Dreamsicle Cupcakes (2nd all time favorite)
Chocolate Cupcakes with Eggnog Frosting (Um...hello...Eggnog. YUM.)
Red Velvet Cupcakes (Fabulous)
Mayan Cakeballs (my favorite...I love spicy chocolate)
Chocolate Pots de Creme (sheer bliss)
Panna Cotta (light and amazing)

We bought ALOT. We had four hungry kids at home EAGERLY awaiting our return. Every last thing was so unbelievably delicious. But let me tell you...the chocolate pots de creme and the panna cotta didn't even make it out the door of the bakery. Both were AMAZING. The chocolate pots de creme taste like you've died and gone to heaven!! Wow. Luckily Judy was able to take a very small break and sit down and chat. We love her dearly and are so happy for she and Sally and that this dream has become a reality.

Our family has been lucky enough to have been able to enjoy many of these treats for awhile but now everyone can. Run...don't walk...get yourself to Sweet Frostings as fast as you can. You will LOVE it!! I promise.

I should know because I either purchased or tasted nearly everything she had.

Sweet Frostings

15 S. Washington Street (on the corner of 1st Avenue)


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, the interior is of course incredible!!! I get to go for my birthday, and I cannot wait to get my hands on the salted carmel, my fav. too!!!=)
    Can't wait to see you soon~
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks absolutely incredible...both the sweets and the design! Gladys and Celia are so talented. I'm going to have to make sure I get there next time I'm in Spokane.

    Hope you ladies are all doing well!

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hollie- Can't wait to see you too!! This sale should be so festive and fun. And... I can't wait for you to go to Sweet Frostings. You will LOVE IT. I have now been there twice. (We will probably try to squeeze in a visit this Friday too.) You might want to try the eggnog cupcake with the eggnog frosting...that is now rivaling salted caramel for my ultimate favorite. :)

    Kristen...WE MISS YOU!! Thank goodness for your blog to keep us updated. :) Are you in vintage sale withdrawal? Have you found some great things in NC? You should start a sale out there...Sisters Creed will travel!! ;)

    ReplyDelete