Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas is a Coming

Christmas is a coming and the bells begin to ring,
The holly's in the window and the birds begin to sing...

Christmas is right around the corner. I wish there was an extra month in between Thanksgiving and Christmas...just to give me enough time to soak it all in and to enjoy the peace of the season. I have had fun the past few weeks reading blog posts about how people decorate for Christmas...particularly how they incorporate their vintage decorations into their Christmas displays in their homes.

I thought I would post a few pictures of some of our vintage decorations that we love. I haven't been up to my mom's house yet to see all her decorations (I will take pictures while we are up there over Christmas) but here are some pictures of my house and Stacey's house.


This is a new decoration at my house this year. I love this swag that I made from old dictionary pages. We made these when we were snowed in at my mom's house last Thanksgiving. They turned out so cute!!

I love these medallions/ornaments that I purchased from Junebug this year. They are darling!!

I am loving the candelabra I bought from my mom and still absolutely adore the bust I purchased from Kristen a couple years ago at a Funky Junk sale. She goes with every season!!

Our Christmas Tree

I went with a cream and gold theme this year. My all-time favorite new Christmas decoration is my ruffled tree skirt made by my mom. I LOVE IT.

I found this beautiful paper Nativity at an estate sale this summer for $1. I think it is gorgeous.

How cute are the Eskimos and igloo I purchased from Hollie and Gail's booth this year at the Two Women Christmas Sale?

The white, blue, and silver tree that I have in my kitchen

One of my favorite blow molds...also from Hollie last year.

Now onto Stacey's house...

I absolutely LOVE these deer and would steal them if I could!! Just kidding.

Green Guy

Growing up our family had the tradition of getting a Nutcracker each year. This Nutcracker was one of our particular favorites. I don't really know why. He certainly wasn't the fanciest Nutcracker but we loved him all the same.We called him, of course, "Green Guy". One year my mom decided to slim down the old Nutcracker collection and Green Guy went to Stacey. (I got Scrooge and Tiny Tim which are also awesome.) I am still very fond of "Green Guy" and enjoy visiting him in Palouse. :)

I love the star that Stacey got at the Two Women Christmas Sale. I don't know who the vendor was though...but the star is FABULOUS.

I am also extremely jealous of this beauty. So cute!!

My holiday baking is done, presents purchased and wrapped, cookie plates being delivered right this minute by my little elves. Now I am looking forward to relaxing and enjoying the holidays.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Sisters Creed!!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE all of the decorations!! Oh my goodness, your homes look amazing!!! It's hard to pick a favorite, but I especially love the dictionary garland you made!!!! And I love the way all of the finds from my booth look in your gorgeous decor!! Merry Christmas to all of you and your lovely families!!
    Love Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so lovely! Your homes look like pictures from a magazine! We love all the vintage decor and the paper garland...stunning!
    Hope your Christmas was amazing and we wish you much love, peace, joy, and health for the New Year!

    xoxo
    Glad & Celia

    ReplyDelete