Thursday, September 16, 2010

Meet Kristin




I'm Kristin and I live in the wonderful town of Spokane, Washington. We moved here from Salt Lake City, Utah about nine years ago. I love the Pacific Northwest...well maybe not the weather... I would prefer a little  more sunshine!! But I do love the combination of the mountains, pine trees, and water. I am a stay-at-home mom to four wonderful kids ages 13, 9, 6, and 17 months.They keep me on my toes and behind the wheel of our suburban...as I run them from activity to activity.

 
I have been married to Tyler for almost 16 years. He is my best friend and number one champion. He can spot a vintage find in a stack of junk and will now brake...without a fight...for "free" stuff by the side of the road. He's come a long way.



I would say that my decorating style is vintage cottage. I live in a little white house that was built in 1958. We love it even though it's a bit cozy for our growing family. It's getting a little too cozy these days so we are hoping to put it on the market soon and are looking forward to have a bit more space and a new house to enjoy.


Living in Washington our winters and springs can be a bit gloomy so I like colors that lighten things up. I love whites, creams, tans, and pale grays with touches of color here and there.I have a big white kitchen...which I LOVE! (A white kitchen is a must for me). My living room is a rich cream color, which is probably more yellow than cream but it makes me feel sunny and cheerful even on cloudy days. I even have a pale lavender bathroom. I love chandeliers (I have one that was my grandma's that I have refurbished) and I love cut-glass...anything that reflects light. I love white painted furniture...actually any color of painted furniture...pale yellow, pink, turquoise, sage green, black and red.


I love spending time with my husband, being silly with my kids, decorating, cooking, crafting, reading, exercising, entertaining, serving in my church, thrift store shopping, going to garage sales, blogging, my book club, spending time with friends, traveling and exploring new cities, trying new restaurants, boating and hanging out at the lake.



So that's me...I'm creative, crafty, thrifty and passionate about all things vintage. I love our business Sisters Creed and have so much fun sharing adventures and spending time with my mom and sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment