Friday, January 7, 2011

Meet Victoria




I’m Victoria and I live in Sandpoint, Idaho. I am a North Idaho “native” – left right after high school for college and a career – who has come back after 40 years to the most beautiful place to live, work & play in all of the USA!!

I am married to Ken – we are still newlyweds at 2 ½ years of marriage. I was a single Mom with 5 children for twenty plus years – convinced that single & independent was the much preferred status – when a “not-so-blind” date (Ken & I both went to the same high school, grew up in the same town but never dated) reintroduced me to the sweetest North Idaho farm boy…. and …. once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale…

Ken is the yang to my yin … practical, very detail oriented and thorough… he can make my wildly creative ideas for furniture, home décor etc actually stay together and functionally work. His shop is amazing with the most wonderful array of tools, saws… everything one could possibly imagine. Ken is also a “junker” but he is looking for vintage car parts, antiques and tools and he is still shaking his head when he witnesses my extreme excitement at finding some junking gem and my pronouncement of the unexpected function I see for its future….

Far and away, the joys of my life, are my five children (4 daughters and 1 son) and nine grandchildren… My children are wonderfully bright, independent and creative – they have been part of the journey from the very beginning. They all share my love of reading; cooking; gardening; out-door activities for all seasons and junking… To be able to start a business in which I can work with my daughters and now a granddaughter is truly a joy beyond measure.

My style is “cottage meets country home”. Casual comfort with a bit of whimsy is the key for me. I love a mix of vintage and junk-tiques … with some French inspired industrial loft tossed in. My heart sings when family & guests say “ I feel so comfortable and warm in your home”. Can there be a higher compliment??

Pot rack made from an old sled



Banquette and shelves built by Ken


Garden

I have always loved the hunt for unexpected treasures – perhaps in the beginning it was more out of necessity when I was working my way through college and then raising children on a limited budget – but it has become a passion over the years – feeding my creative soul. I am a seamstress and a quilter with a love for fabrics. I have a never-ending list of creative projects and will always take on one more… I know there is a “sisterhood” of women who are kindred spirits on this creative life journey. The name for our business - Sisters Creed - envisions this sisterhood. We recognize and embrace our new found friends everywhere we go…such a sisterhood of creative women who recycle…reuse…repurpose…enriching their lives and those they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment